Friday 4 April 2014

Next Steps...

So after my first craft fair, life has been pretty hectic...
 Trying to juggle a full time job and then squeeze in time to do something you love is proving quite difficult. I really don't know how others do it. However, I have persevered, and have now booked to do a further two fairs which I am really looking forward to. The next one being in May. This giving me plenty of time to be as best prepared as I can going off my learning experiences from the first one.
So as I have sorted my next craft fairs I have now decided to venture into another unknown for me. The world of selling my cards online...
Competition is tough. Trying to work out what your prices should be and what you would actually like for them is even tougher.
My full time job is in the retail sector so I do have an good understanding of peoples reluctance to part with money due to the current economic climate. I cant blame people as I am exactly the same when I make purchases. 
So with regards to selling your stock, how do you decide what the best possible price is without taking a loss?
My cards have been listed for quite a number of days now with views but no one purchasing. How long is reasonable before you look at whether or not to lower the prices originally set?
All things I am again learning...
I think when I have initially listed my items I maybe went too high. Everybody probably likes to think their cards are worth what the price is they originally set. Realistically and in my opinion, people are not going to want to pay so much online as they also have the extra charge of postage. An awkward subject it would seem with many crafters and their paying customers. Personally I think the postal service makes it confusing for everyone. A subject I may save for a future post...
So back to my dilema. How long do I leave it before reducing my prices? Well, me being as impatient as I am and wanting to still get some kind of feedback as to whether or not my cards are nice generally, I have already done it. So for the next few days I shall (try) patiently to observe and see what the general feel is.


No comments:

Post a Comment